About Me

My photo
Busy, advanced bookings highly recommended. I have an insatiable lust for life and knowledge, but only one of me to pursue satisfying all of my curiosities.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Live Today, Die Tomorrow = DO NOW

...Or at least, start planning how to do.

Excuse the morbidity - I haven't been diagnosed with a terminal disease, my physical and mental health are both fine (albeit questionable at times) and I don't engage (or plan to engage) in any "extreme death-inviting-activities" such as snorting heroin à la Uma Thurman's character in Pulp Fiction. Recently I was having a terrible week and I could have broken down into tears several times. Instead, I cancelled my Friday night dinner appointment, sought refuge in my favourite cocktail bar and pondered the week's events, then life generally, over a vodka martini and awaited for my lovely other half to join me at the bar once the dinner (for which my appointment had been self-terminated, but he was unable to cancel his presence) was over. I also wrote down a list of things I would like to experience one day before I die. Life is too short to be spent being unhappy when there are so many exciting things in the world to be discovered, and only one of me to see and do all of those things which I want.

In no particular order then....

  1. See the Northern Lights
  2. See the pyramids in Giza, travel through the Valley of the Kings, Memphis, Thebes, Karnak and explore Cairo (ride a camel)
  3. Antarctica expedition
  4. Join a whaling tour to see whales in the wild
  5. Go on safari in Africa
  6. Australia Trip: Hug a koala, Sydney >> Gold Coast >> Brisbane >> Queensland and Perth Vineyards
  7. See how good the coffee really is in Amsterdam's coffeeshops
  8. Fantasy Road Trip: Athens, Greece along the coast to Croatia
  9. Have a dog as a pet
  10. Spain Plus Ultra: Barcelona, Oviedo, Madrid
  11. Party until sunrise in Ibiza for a week
  12. Spend a long weekend in Boracay, Philippines when it's not monsoon season
  13. Speak French and drink my way through nice wines in Paris, Bordeaux, Nice and everywhere in between
  14. Ride in a stretch limo in Las Vegas
  15. Stay in an ice hotel
  16. Tour Italy: Florence, Venice, Milan and cycle tour in the wine regions
  17. Get a driver's license
  18. Drink beer and wear Lederhosen at Oktoberfest in Germany
  19. Write a book that gets published
  20. Experience what should be the happiest day of my life - my wedding with the man of my dreams - with both of my parents and their families present (and not bickering, fighting or glaring at each other)
  21. Obtain an additional degree
  22. Moscow/St. Petersburg
  23. Read all of Penguins' literary Classics and Modern Classics
  24. Become a decent golf player (does anyone want to go to the driving range this weekend...?)
  25. Live in another country apart from Thailand (outside of Asia) before the age of 30
  26. Road Trip around USA: All four corners AND the middle

There are a few more but, I'm 26 years old now, so it seems appropriate to stop at this number. Besides, too many different ideas of what to be done means too little gets done.

Anyone want to join me on any of these experiences? Let's see the world together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment